Team 1225 students are given the opportunity to have access to an online account which includes communication and collaboration tools in a secure environment. This account is through our Team 1225 G Suite (Google Apps) domain.
What’s included in G Suite?
- Filtered email for students (Gmail)
- Google Calendar for events and assignments
- Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) for file storage, creation, and collaboration
What are the benefits of G Suite and what’s included?
- Anytime, anywhere access in any browser on any device with an internet connection
- Document storage – so no need for flash drives!
- Team members can easily collaborate with other team members
- Mentors can more easily share content with team members
- Google Apps accounts are free – no need to purchase Microsoft Office productivity software
What does this mean for my child?
Team members should be aware that all email to and from this account is NOT PRIVATE, will be monitored, and will be archived in case retrieval becomes necessary.
The effective and productive use of this account depends upon end-users who practice etiquette, exhibit proper ethical and legal conduct, and adhere to strict guidelines. If an account user violates any of these guidelines, consequences may be imposed. (See the following.)
We understand that ultimately parents/guardians are responsible for determining what is appropriate for their children. Therefore, we support and respect your right to make a decision about whether your child will receive access to this account to use for educational purposes.
It will be the student’s responsibility to follow the rules of acceptable use for their email.